Bournville Netball Club wish netball to be an enjoyable and positive experience for all netball players.
Please use these guidelines to support your club and fellow players in a manner that will enable you and others around you to enjoy your netball.
- Accept responsibility in ensuring you are up to date with the laws of netball, understand and adhere to them.
- Encourage your team members to learn the rules of netball and play within them.
- Recognise the valuable contribution made by coaches and officials who are usually volunteers. They give their time and resources to provide netball for you.
- Publicly accept officials’ judgements.
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials by anyone, both on and off court.
- Be a positive role model, treat other players and officials with the same level of respect you would expect to be shown to you.
- Recognise fair play and applaud the good performances of all, including the opposition.
- Accept success and failure, victory and defeat equally.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Encourage everyone to enjoy the sport of netball and understand that people have different motivations to playing the game.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their age, gender, ability, cultural background, religion or sexual orientation.
Players name _____________________ Date _____________________
Players signature ____________________________________