Hi Captains some of the boring mundane things you need to remember throughout the season. You may well wish to delegate some or even all of the tasks!!
- TEAM SHEET – these MUST be filled in after EVERY match and handed to Shelley at the following training night. This is really IMPORTANT as it helps monitor who plays up and avoids us incurring lost points for playing someone too many times without reregistering. Particularly important this year with Regional/BNL rules.
- REGISTRATIONS –
- For central venue matches – teams 3,4,5 – registrations can be done on the day – please remember to register anyone who is playing for the first time in any Bournville team BEFORE they play and make sure they sign at the desk
- For higher divisions – teams 1– new registrations are due in the Friday before the game to the Fixtures Secretary – with signature. See Sue for details
- RESERVES –
- SUBS – when using reserves who have not paid full fees PLEASE remember to collect £4 match fee each time they play and give it to Elaine at training the following Monday or ask the player to do so at training themselves.
- MATCH CARDS – all substitutes names need to be on the card BEFORE taking to the court
- ADDRESS LIST/EMERGENCY CONTACT LISTS – An updated address list will be the Training Folder and will be e mailed to everyone once updated for the season. Can you please check with your players that all details are correct including e mails, which will be used as much as possible for communication. If there are any changes now or throughout the season please can players mark the copy in the folder AND let Josie Evans Captains will also receive a copy of the Membership database (protected by confidentiality) so they have emergency contact details for their players. Josie Evans is Membership Secretary dealing with membership and address details.
- UMPIRES – all central venue umpires are arranged for you and paid by the League. Top teams – 1st – will need to arrange their own umpires and pay them directly – current fee is £15. Also umpires for Div 1 through 3 (1st & 2nd team) must be C award or higher.
- EQUIPMENT – please look after your equipment. A £25 deposit is required from each team – please give to Lynne at first training session. Each team has:
- 5 balls including match ball – plus new match ball
- ball bag
- bibs – Velcro and patch
- first aid kit- Can you all please check your First Aid Kit and let Emma know what you need to replenish
At the end of the season, any loss of equipment, which results in unnecessary cost to the Club for repurchase, will need to be paid/shared by the defaulting team. So please look after kit.
- CLUB KIT – Personal – we have an agreed policy now for Club Kit in terms of what players should wear and how they should order/Pay. Importantly there is kit that can be loaned but only on a match by match bais for which they will be charged. Captains will be responsible for administering this in consultation with Policy will be e mailed around once complete
- EXPENSES – keep a record of all costs for reimbursement by treasurer (Emma has forms)
- FIXTURE CHANGES – Notify the Sue– Fixtures Secretary of any fixtures where you need to fixture dates (or any requirements for playing at particular times ) AT LEAST 21 days before the match date
- ALL ACCIDENTS – must be recorded on an Incident Report Form and handed in to Sue/Lynne on the Monday following the incident
- SQUADS – Where you have a squad this season it is your responsibility as Captain to ensure there is a fair allocation of playing time to each member of the squad. This should also be recorded on the Team Sheets
- BIRMINGHAM LEAGUE RULES : A copy of these is available in the training folder
- MENTORS – we are hoping to get mentors/supporters for all teams with teams looking to do a rotation just to support lower teams.
Have a great season and if you have any problems please see any member of the Committee.
Chairman ** Lynne Todd
Vice Chair Emma Birch
Club Secretary ** (League & Fixtures) Sue Edwards
Umpiring Secretary Sue Edwards
Treasurer ** (incl Subs) Emma Birch
Junior(U18) Rep ** Alice Evans
Safeguarding Officer Seniors** Rebecca Jones
Safeguarding Officer Intermediates** Anne-Marie Hooper
Volunteer Coordinator ** Shelley Collingbourne
Social Officer Emma Birch
PR Officer – incl Facebook/Twitter etc Rebecca Jones
Regional Representative Anna Hawthorn
Membership Secretary Josie Evans
Website & Fundraising (incl delegation) Shelley Collingbourne
Intermediate Rep Anne-Marie Hooper
Kit Anna Hawthorn
Minutes Secretary Emma Birch
England Affiliations Lynne Todd/ Sue Edwards/Anne-Marie Hooper
Any problems contact committee members.